The Yates Community Center recently found out that gyms and fitness centers in NY will not be allowed to reopen at the beginning of Phase 4 on June 26 as we had hoped. We are just as unhappy and sad as all of you BUT remain confident that when the time comes for us to open our doors we will come out of this stronger and better in the long term.
Yates Community Center
Yates Community Center Fitness Bingo
*As part of our incentive towards our New Year’s intentions we are offering existing members an opportunity to play and potentially win a 30 day membership! For the months of January, February & March we will be playing fitness bingo!
- The bingo game will run for the duration of 1 month (A new game each month we are playing)
- You must be an existing member to play & qualify during the course of the month you are playing
- We will draw a “Ball” each day of the month which correlates with the fitness related items used on the boards – Daily drawing will be posted on our Facebook & Instagram pages – Yates Community Center #makingyatesyou
- You can physically do/try the activity drawn for the day if you like – or just dab it off on your board if you have it
- If you get a regular bingo (Straight line or diagonal only – You can use your free space) – You will receive a 30 day membership good for the following month.
- Boards will be available at the front desk at the community center! Set you New Year’s intentions & good luck!
Gift Certificates Available – the perfect gift for any occasion!
Exploring Ecology Through Metal: For Teens & Adults
in partnership with ELEVATE Youth and the Yates Community Center
Instructors: Sam Castner and Lindsey Dean
Date / Time: NEW DATES COMING SOON!
Experience: All levels, ages 13 and up.
Workshop/Materials fee: FREE for 7-12 grade students $225 for ages 18 and above
(materials and lunch included)
Learn the basic techniques used to fabricate metal sculptures while gaining a working skill set, understanding the use of metal fabricating tools and techniques, and learning the connection between different ecological systems. The second half of the workshop we’ll focus on a large-scale, collaborative sculpture to be installed into the Yates Community Center campus located in Penn Yan, NY. Expect to leave with a good foundation for craft, a handcrafted milkweed and monarch butterfly, and an understanding of working with a
community on a large-scale landmark piece. you refresh and refine your craft!
Topics covered will include:
If you have prior experience this class will help
- shop safety
- the MIG welding process
- the plasma cutting process
- hammering techniques
- use of tongs, anvils, vises
- translating small scale models into large, collaborative public sculptures
- learning the interaction between humans and the environment, and the link between themilkweed and butterfly throughout our communityMaterials and supplies you need to bring:
- work gloves
- close-toed shoes or boots
- non-flammable cotton clothing
- cotton long-sleeve button-up or work shirt
- bandana or welding cap
- water bottle and snacks
Yates Community Center (YCC)
Yates Community Center’s mission is to provide health, wellness, educational and recreational opportunities to all Yates county residents.
The mission of the Community Center will be accomplished with the support and cooperation of it’s partner programs, Core, Elevate and Our Town Rocks, local sports teams, local organizations, community members, it’s employees, committees and Board of Directors. The Yates Community Center IS it’s partners and programs and together they serve all members of Yates County.
Donate to the YCC
Thank you for your support of the Yates Community Center!
The YCC photo gallery features images of the facilities, grounds, highlights of events, members, staff, & Community.